Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
A little bit about the Agricultural Society
The Mid-Somerset Agricultural Society organises the award winning Mid-Somerset Show, a traditional one-day agricultural show annually on the 3rd Sunday in August. It is held on the edge of the town of Shepton Mallet, and attracts over 2500 exhibitors and 17,000 visitors from the surrounding area.
History of the Society
The Mid-Somerset Show is the largest free admission show* in the UK and one of the most high profile and respected agricultural shows in the South West.
The show is a fantastic day out for all the family and offers a wide variety of classes around the show site in the rings and marquees:
- Livestock classes including sheep, pigs and cattle
- Equine classes
- Poultry classes
- The South West Cheese Awards
- The Somerset Cider Championships
- Honey Show
- Flower & Veg Show
- Floral Art Show
- Home Craft Classes including: baking, handicraft, photography, art and children’s classes
- Dog Show: Open and Companion
- Vintage and Classic Vehicle displays
Elsewhere around the site you can see a variety of attractions:
- Meet the Meerkats
- The Sheep Show
- Terrier Racing
- Bird of Prey Display
- Scurry Racing
- Interhunt Relay
- Paws for Thought Dog Display Team
- Cookery Demonstration
- Punch and Judy
- Acoustic Stage
- A wide selection of trade stands including food, handmade craft and shopping areas
- Rural Craft displays.
There is plenty going on around the show, come and visit and see what else we have to offer.
*Car parking charges of £13 per car apply.
Become a member of the Mid-Somerset Agricultural Society
- Free ringside or general car parking on show day
- Members-only exclusive events throughout the year
- Free membership badges and entry to Members facilities on show day
- Help sustain one of Mid-Somerset’s most popular events
Become a member